One of the biggest deterrent to the growth of ecommerce is the time sellers take to ship orders. Ideally, goods should be shipped 24 to 48 hours after payment is received, but often sellers delay shipping by up to 1 week. Tired of the long delays in receiving the product ordered, many online shoppers think twice before placing their next order online.
Though it is listed on their website, I am unable to activate Airtel Prepaid Blackberry Internet services. I have provided the following details as requested by Airtel Blackberry customer support at Bb.Support@airtel.in
1- Customer Name
2- Blackberry Mobile Number
3- Alt. Number
4- Blackberry Model Number
5- PIN Number
6- IMEI Number
8- Plan for activation
9- Error while activating the services,
but still get the error message,
We are unable to process your request. If you are a new Prepaid customer please try again after 24 hours. Postpaid customers can call 121 for activation.
Have been trying for one week now,still unable to activate.
In most industries, the turnover and profits of a company is considered a measure of the size , competence and skill of the company. In the Indian internet industry, the amount of media coverage and venture capital funding is .
Most people have not heard of the saying ” Loose Lips May Sink Ships”
More info at http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/237250.html
In recent years, the general perception in certain companies and business sectors is that if you wear Indian clothes, a woman must be not be competent or efficient.
But the fact is that most Western clothes are not very comfortable and the high heels that women are forced to wear in Western countries as part of their dress code cause health problems.
In UK, Unions are fighting to ensure that women are not forced to wear high heels due to the dangers to health and safety.
I am getting this email regularly, this is the 4th email I have got.
Across India, Google AdWords is proving to be a key ingredient in the success formula of many companies like yours. Have you started using the power of Google to attract more and more prospective new customers? Remember, your limited time offer of Rs. 2,500 is valid only till November 30th. So, call 1860 266 6622 and get started now.
Advertising on Google through AdWords helps you target thousands of potential new customers inexpensively, effectively and at the exact moment when they are searching for your products and services.
You can now test the power of the Internet for yourself by advertising on Google through AdWords at absolutely no risk. Google offers all Indian SMBs a special limited time advertising trial offer of Rs. 2,500. Which means Google will be paying for Rs. 2,500 worth of advertising for your business.
AdWords puts you in total control of your Internet advertising.
* You choose where your ad is displayed – across the world or in specific cities
* You set your own budget, as there are no minimum spend levels required
* You pay only when a prospective customer clicks on your ad
To get started with your advertising trial offer from Google, just call 1860 266 6622 and mention your personal code to our customer representative. We will help set up your AdWords account and credit your account with Rs. 2,500 of free advertising. You can also visit www.adwords.google.co.in and follow the steps to create your account.
Your Promotion Code: 7AZ2-UG5T-ST9J-297P
On behalf of the Google team, I look forward to introducing your business to the power of advertising on Google. So call 1860 266 6622 today and start promoting your business on Google.
Head of Online Sales and Operations
*Credit Terms and Conditions:
Promotional credit must be applied to a new AdWords account within 14 days of creating the AdWords account and is valid only for new Google AdWords customers with self-managed signup accounts. Advertisers will be charged for advertising that exceeds the promotional credit. Advertisers will need to suspend their ads if they do not wish to receive additional charges beyond the free credit amount. Subject to ad approval, valid registration and acceptance of the Google AdWords Program standard terms and conditions. The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Offer may be revoked at any time for any reason by Google Inc. One promotional credit per customer. Offer void where prohibited by law. Advertisers with self-managed signup accounts are subject to a Rs. 250 account activation fee. Prepay customers must deposit Rs. 500 into their account for activation. Offer expires on 30th Nov, 2009.
Some big companies online and offline are able to offer personalized service to their customers. Others use automated systems. But they should remember that in most SMEs, spending decisions are not taken by bots, but by human beings who remember past unpleasant experiences.
They are many infrastructure related issues which result in problems like the water pipeline collapse on the train last Friday. Thousands of commuters were affected.
Web based applications, productivity suites and tools get a lot of coverage in the websites covering technology. These include online office tools like Google Docs, Zoho and personal finance management tools like Onyem, Boxfer , Perfios . These tools may be very popular but may not succeed locally because of several reasons
- Internet access is still expensive, ISPs like BSNL, MTNL, Hathway charge users on the basis of every MB downloaded. For BSNL , the lowest plan has a download limit of 150 MB, so just uploading and downloading the documents can be expensive.
- Internet connections are not reliable. At times, the connection is not available for more than 24 hours due to cable failure and other problems. You may need to review it , but will simply not be able to access it.
- Security – Even when you deal with the largest internet companies today as a customer or affiliate, most of them are unable to ensure that your data is confidential, some times due to factors beyond their control. Uploading your personal information including finances and bank details online can lead to a new set of problems.
I have been searching for a reliable wireless internet connection for some time , which allows some amount of flexibility while using it. My requirements are simple , it should be a prepaid USB connection and should work in Mumbai and Goa. Since I do not view videos or download movies, the connection should have the speed of a dialup connection at the minimum.
I have evaluated the various internet connections available and listed their features and problems:
- Airtel USB Modem : Costs Rs 2999, can be purchased through Indiatimes, tariff starts from 20 paise / 50 KB download (or Rs 4 / MB download) , Rs 349 for 500 MB free data usage, 1 month validity. However, there is no information on how you are going to charge /load the amount for the prepaid usage. Seller B.T. Agencies has no feedback on Indiatimes
- Idea Netsetter : Costs Rs 2490 , Minimum prepaid amount is Rs 150, Access charges are Rs 1.7 / MB ( from http://www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=IDEA_Page_Advertisements&displayParam=NetSetterPostpaid/NetSetterUSBModem_DELHI.html) . However some users have found the speed of an Idea connection slow.
- Vlink USB modem : Starter kit is the cheapest at Rs 99 ( but should be used with a mobile phone) , data charges 60 paise / minute. However, the terms for their Rs 349 and Rs 801 recharge at their website are confusing and this connection does not offer the coverage I want.
Reliance Netconnect seems to be a data card. I will also check forums and list the feedback from users , so that this review is comprehensive.
One of the biggest problems due to the proliferation of social networking is the spam invites you receive from perfect strangers to the various social networking websites. I am extremely careful online, but I still face this deluge of unwanted mails. The worst culprits are:
Facebook – “Check out my photos” – who wants to waste time looking at photos of perfect strangers ?
SiliconIndia – Invites from an assortment of girls with faces pancaked with make up. They use email ids which I do not publish anywhere online, I wonder how they get the email ids.
Jhoos – XXX wants to be your friend
When you are in college or have just started working, you have plenty of time and nothing much to do , you can afford to waste time on social networking and making “friends” with perfect strangers. As you grow older, you have seen enough of human nature to make an effort to make friends. You value your time and there is so much you want to do, why waste time socializing, especially with people with whom you have nothing in common.